Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy April Fools Day!

International shipping has to be the biggest racket going.

As if to remind me of that fact, today, April 1st, I got a package I've been waiting weeks and weeks for. 

Possibly months.

But I saved so much cash by ordering from an overseas eBay vendor, how could I go wrong? 

After all, shipping was free, and the prices were well below retail here. How can I complain?

Simple: Lost time.

The WCRG event is probably just a month away; it's usually the first weekend of May. Now that I have the parts I was waiting for it's going to be a real push to get the rover driving again. I have the bogies off the chassis, as I'm upgrading the lightweight bearings to something much beefier. None of the chassis data wiring harnesses are done. And the main sensor mast is just an empty metal plate.

Sigh.

As for autonomous driving? Who knows... the rover may just show up under R/C control for fun. I'm not sure I have the time to finish it all...


No comments:

Post a Comment